On North Texas Giving Day, September 14, 2017, from 6am until midnight we are asking our alumni, faculty, staff, board, parents and friends to come together to show their Highlands pride and help us kick-off our Annual Fund Drive. This will be the ninth annual North Texas Giving Day, a one day online giving extravaganza through Communities Foundation of Texas. North Texas Giving Day is a great way for anyone to lend their support and raise as much money as possible for North Texas nonprofits. When you give via www.NorthTexasGivingDay.org , your support goes further with bonus funds and prizes that The Highlands is eligible to receive. This year every dollar given up to $10,000 will be multiplied with bonus funds received from The Communities Foundation of Texas when donors give online through NorthTexasGivingDay.org .
A donation made on North Texas Giving Day has the potential of being multiplied or earn a bonus and help us towards our Annual Fund goal of $225,000. Last year, The Highlands School raised over $219,000 on this day alone! With 100% parent participation AND the generosity of additional donors, we exceeded 300 donations on North Texas Giving Day 2016.
As with most private schools and college, tuition alone does not cover the full cost of educating a child at The Highlands. Tuition and fees cover approximately 84% of the actual cost for your child. The remining 16% comes from voluntary tax-deductible donations. This averages out to $1,900 per student. We are blessed that you have chosen The Highlands to educate and form those you love the most. Your support for to the Annual Fund/North Texas Giving Day directly supports your children!
- Our goal is 100% participation from every family, faculty member and trustee: Every trustee on the Highlands Board has already committed to the Annual Fund Drive. They want to be first to demonstrate their commitment and dedication to our children. As the school requests donations from foundations, it is very important to have the ability to include the information that 100% of our families are committed through the Annual Fund.
- Tax deduction: All donations to the Annual Fund/North Texas Giving Day are 100% tax deductible. Additionally, 100% of proceeds raised through North Texas Giving Day go directly to The Highlands.
- Amount: The annual shortfall per student is $1,900. Many families give more and some give less. EVERY donation matters, please prayerfully consider supporting our school and our children.
- Giving options: You may donate online via a credit card or you may pay by check. Your support can be made as a one-time commitment, or divided into monthly, quarterly, or semester payments. The school requests that Annual Fund donations be completed by June 30, 2018.
- Company Matching: Check with your employer to find out if your company has a matching program, this could increase your support even more. Questions: Jennifer Denney, email@example.com
Giving levels to consider:
Pillars of The Highlands: $20,000+
Founder’s Circle: $10,000+
Leadership League: $5,000+
President’s Circle: $2,500+
Principal’s Support Club: $1,500+
Benefactor’s Club: $1,000+
Highland’s Blazer: up to $999